In an industry dominated by HGTV and chain retailers, how can you make your construction or home renovation business stand out? The answer: creating a home renovation blog. You might be thinking that forklifts and windows aren’t compelling enough to write about online – but they certainly can be with dedication and the right techniques.
So let’s start with why you should make a home renovation blog or hire a blogger. Statista reveals that home improvement retailers have seen a steady increase in sales since 2010 and that this trend is likely to continue. With more demand, comes more supply. For you, this just means you have to outmarket all of your competitors. A blog allows you to do just that.
Here are some of the benefits that online content marketing can have for your home repair or home remodeling business:
- The more activity and pages you have online, the more likely people are to find – and later recall – your brand. You can create a blogging calendar to keep up with your blogging needs.
- Blogs are a great way to practice SEO (search engine optimization). When people type “home renovation near me” or “what’s the difference between laminate and vinyl flooring?” into Google, you’ll have a greater chance of showing up in the top results if you have a bank of optimized blog posts.
- You can use home repair blog posts to showcase your personality, trade knowledge, experience and even skills, which makes it easier for customers to trust you and your team with their home.
- In the construction industry, reputation often plays a major role. By posting quality content online, prospective customers are more likely to develop a positive perception of your company. So even if they don’t need your services now, they might recommend you to a friend or return to you later down the road.
- Renovation blog content is extremely shareable. You can post links to your latest blogs on Facebook and Twitter, and share the photos with your Pinterest and Instagram followers to increase engagement.
The more relevant home renovation content you post online, the more you’ll be able to drive traffic to your website and, ultimately, gain more sales. According to HubSpot, “Companies that published 16+ blog posts per month got almost 3.5x more traffic than companies that published 0-4 monthly posts.” Maintaining an active online presence can make a huge difference, especially if your competitors aren’t blogging at all.Is a home renovation blog right for my company?
While siding and bathroom tile might not be inherently exciting, homeowners looking to remodel are on the hunt for information and tips. With a home construction blog, their hunt could lead them straight to you. Here’s a list of some – but not all – construction and home services companies that should consider starting a blog:
- Construction equipment
- Construction certification
- Design centers
- Home renovation and home remodeling
- Roof repair and basement finishing
- Emergency cleanup and restoration
- New home construction
- Heating and cooling
- Deck, porch and pool installation
- Storage solutions
- And niche services, such as windows and doors, lighting, flooring, plumbing, painting and more
So whether you specialize in residential or commercial renovation, interiors or exteriors, you can absolutely incorporate a blog into your team’s marketing strategy.How can I turn my services into effective blog posts?
From a fluctuating economy to ever-changing trends, there’s always something new going on in the home design and remodeling industries. You can use this to your advantage when thinking about blog post topics. As long as you keep up with current trends, industry news and your local community, you’ll be able to create content that’s relevant and interesting to your readers.
Other construction blog ideas include tips, hacks, how-tos, dos and don’ts of certain methods, pros and cons of certain products, before and after photos of projects, buying guides and more.
Remember, you don’t have to be the next Chip and Joanna Gaines to promote your business and attract new customers online. Just be personable, informative and consistent with your blog posts, and you’ll be well on your way to expanding your reach.
About Virtucom Group
Consistent business blogging yields results – more clicks, more subscribers and – ultimately – more conversions. Whether you’re writing an automotive blog, an accounting blog, a healthcare blog or a home renovation blog, blogging for business and content development are useful for any industry. Follow the content writers at the Virtucom Group blog as they share digital marketing tips and discuss website content writing services that can optimize your business blog.